March 18, 2009

Almost Spring

This is one of my favorite times of the year. Winter is, finally, almost over. I can feel the weather beginning to turn. Yes, we will still have cold days and even colder nights, but the warmer days will be become more and more frequent.

This month the Etsy Bloggers are posting about what they like and don’t like about Spring.

My likes are easy:

Leaves on the trees

Birds singing

Warmth of the sun

Green grass

More hours of daylight

Open windows

Kids outside playing

Flowers

Gardening

As for my dislikes, there is only really one:

Allergies! Sneezing, runny nose, itchy, watery eyes.


Yes, I suffer quite badly from seasonal allergies. Last year I thought I would give it a go with over the counter medications only. After all, the commercials say how great they work. Well, maybe for some, but definitely not for me. I was miserable. I won’t be making the same mistake again this year.

What are your likes and dislikes about the arrival of Spring? I would love to hear.

2 comments:

hollyzhobby said...

I love seeing everyones flower gardens and the return of the birds and squirrels. We have sparrows that return to the bird house in our backyard and they have 2 or 3 sets of babies every year. Its fun to watch them grow. I dislike the crows that try to take over the birdhouse, ripping out the nest stuffing inside and throwing out the eggs.

3 REXES JEWELRY said...

I hear that if you eat honey made by bees in your area, it can help w/allergies... Thanks for the comment on my blog about my Green Peridot Earrings... yes, they sold. This is a new pair!

Tara * 3 Rexes
MODERN MEDIEVAL JEWELRY